Code coverage analysis of C++ standard library headers is not a straightforward extension of code coverage analysis of C code, for which many good tools exist. The reason is that much of the code in the C++ headers is designed to resolve at compile time, which makes it hard for run-time instrumentation to track. Yet, accurate coverage analysis is important for the certification of safety critical applications.
At Solid Sands, we have developed our own tools for coverage analysis of the C++ headers based on a combination of gcov and LLVM-based source code analysis. Now we need to show that these tools are robust enough to use for certification purposes. For this we need our tools to be qualified according to the ISO 26262 standard, Part 6, Clause 11. It requires:
- a specification of coverage analysis
- detailed requirements of the tools
- test specifications that explain the testing approach
- test cases that match with the test specifications
Also, we need to automate the qualification process so that it can run without assistance. In this project we want to build such a qualification kit for C++ coverage analysis tools.
- A pleasant working environment in Amsterdam
- Guidance when you need it
- An internship compensation