Point FWD is looking for a
Business Intelligence Intern
About Point FWD
We are Point FWD. A young, creative and data-driven consultancy company. We act in the field of Aviation Security and advice airports, governments, security companies and equipment manufacturers in reaching optimised airport security environments. We do this by strongly tying security technology implementation to local process insights, always looking for the best process fit for each unique case. The core of our advice is to provide practical solutions to be used in strategic and operationally tactic decision-making processes.
The challenge at hand
We have recently developed our client facing data capture tool for collecting security process data. Highly detailed data is captured following the passenger in its flow through the checkpoint. Collecting these data-points provides for a solid basis to do bottleneck analyses, initiate process enhancements and implement a smarter usage of the configuration of screening equipment at unique airport situations.
For the representation of data and the creation of insight, we have recently published our first Business Intelligence applications (Power BI). We’re happy the way things are working at the moment, but we feel we can use an enthusiast like us on a short notice. That’s why we’re looking for a BI intern, who is able to fully focus on the enhancement of existing and development of future BI dashboards and reports
Some items on our development path:
- Integration and visualisation of various machine (screening system) data outputs;
- Implementing in-report human workforce efficiency analyses;
- Integration with airport specific BI platforms.
In this internship you’ll get the chance to work in the rapidly changing – even more in recent times – industry of Aviation Security. In your role you’ll be able to develop you BI skills further and enhance as a BI specialist. Who knows where this ends. Some specifics to your role are:
- You act as the BI administrator, managing data connections, future releases and (demo) client environments.
- Optimise existing dashboards, data connections and calculated fields
- You’ll create new report components
- Help us spot cool features for visualising our insight in a new way.
- Help us to critically reflect on the currently used platform for BI app development.
- Have fun.
The Internship specifics
- Duration: 5-6 months.
- 32-40 hour working week.
- Chance of taking role-specific, and other, trainings during internship.
- Fair internship fee.
- Working from home at least half of the hours. Depending on your home base, this could differ in your advantage.
- Point FWD is located in Aalsmeer, near to Schiphol Oost.
We look for you!
- A solution-focused individual full of ideas and ready to develop, test and celebrate them.
- You are pro-active and have a can-do mentality.
- You are driven by an analytical mind ready to add value by solving a next challenge.
- Bachelor/Master student in relevant study area.
- Good experience with SQL and Business Intelligence reporting / dashboarding.
Do you see yourself joining our team? Stand up!
Applicants can respond by sending an initial letter of motivation
Contact: Robin van Gemert