About GLO Integration
GLO Integration is a specialist in providing services and (hybrid) integration solutions. GLO has over twenty years of experience in SOA, SaaS Integrations, APIs and SBR/XBRL. Within the team we have architects, business consultants and developers. Our expertise bridges multiple platforms, under which MuleSoft, Tibco and Splunk. We are a young team of enthusiastic consultants with a passion for IT integration!
Personal development is of great importance to GLO. Our work environment is friendly and in addition to work, we like to organize cozy get-togethers such as (online) beer & pizza sessions. Can you beat us at foosball?
Helping with GLO infrastructure maintenance and development. This can differ in subject but may contain the following:
· Windows server upgrades
Our current Windows Servers are running a mix of Windows versions. This needs migration to the latest available version, either 2016 or 2019 (compare pro's and con's).
· Write a migration plan to find out what is needed for this operation and perform the migration
· VMWare upgrades / migrations
· Linux system administration
· Enhancing update management for Windows and Linux (with Ansible and CI/CD solutions)
· Enhancing logging / monitoring solutions (Nagios and Splunk)
You're going to make dashboards in Splunk to monitor our infrastructure. You can use our Check_MK (Nagios) server to gather metrics of the components.
· Enhancing / maintaining backup solutions
Our current backup solution needs Improvement. You're going to write a migration plan and perform the migration.
· Maintaining / configuring our Cisco network infrastructure
Our current Cisco network infrastructure is consisting of old and new hardware, with a lot of legacy configuration that needs cleaning. You could also research a way to configure and monitor the system through a Software Defined Network.
· Enhancing security / configuring Host/Network Intrusion Detection/Prevention System
With our educational network and growing attack surface there is an need for an IDS/IPS system. For this assignment you're going to research the platforms to find one that is fitting for our organization. Install and position a new acquired appliances of Ubiquity and potential other appliances (e.g. acquire a second hand F5 BIG IP device). Within this field one Assignment will be made the Main Subject of the internship.
· Strong network knowledge
· Good understanding of Windows and Linux
· Good understanding of security principles
Competences experienced during the internship (training and self study will be needed):
· Vmware ESX
· Cisco IOS
· Broacde OS
· Software defined networking (SDN)
· Cisco ASA
· Dell Server Hardware
· MySQL/ MariaDB
· MS SQL
· Many applications
Would you like to know more about GLO, this assignment or possible other assignments? Don’t hesitate to contact us!